By Fredrica Syren a.k.a Green Mom:
Even before the champagne’s been popped and everyone is returning to work, many of us make resolutions — things we would like to achieve and/or to make better for ourselves. 40 to 45 percent of adults make one or more New Year’s resolutions each year. The most popular ones are to stop smoking, to lose weight and to decrease drinking. Sadly, 22 percent of these people will break their resolution after just one week. The reason for the failure might be that most people do not back their resolution with a good plan. I recommend that people get the help of friends and dear ones to keep their motivation level high. I’m no better: I have made resolutions every year and failed, too. However, throughout the years I’ve learned to make resolutions that are easy to achieve.
Maybe this year could be a year resolving to change your environmental habits. No matter what personal change you wish to accomplish in the New Year 2017 is a great time to learn more about environmental issues and why they are important?
Here are some green new year’s resolutions to consider:
- Green your ride e.g. carpool, using public transportation or bike
- Green you eating habits e.g. adopt meatless Monday, eat more vegetarian, shop at local and organic farmers market, eat local food, eat more organic food.
- Starts recycling e.g. learn what can be recycled, where to take
- Learn more about global warming there are so many articles and information about global warming, what causes it and how we can fight it.
- Green your cleaning e.g. invests in all natural and toxic free cleaning supply or make your own.
Happy New Year!!!