Because I had lots of vegetables and beans and was not feeling my best with my hip pain, I made a very simple casserole for Saturday night dinner. I guess it must have been really good because when Bella and daddy was waiting for test results and Children’s hospital she started talking about it.
According to James she was talking about how good it was and was wondering what I would cook that night and perhaps I would make it again. Maybe it was just that good or maybe she was just feeling better and hungry, who knows hum.
- 3 cups various kinds of vegetables, but into bite size pieces ( I used carrots, cauliflower, asparagus and cabbage)
- 1 cup chick peas, cooked or canned
- 1 cup sour cream ( I used follow your heart)
- 1/2 cup almond milk
- 1/2 can diced tomatoes
- 2 tbs mayo
- 2 tbs harissa paste
- Salt & pepper to taste
- 1 cup grated cheese
- Preheat oven to F400
- Lightly steam vegetables and the place in a baking dish.
- Pour chick peas over.
- Mix in a small bowl sour cream, cream, diced tomatoes, mayo, harissa paste, salt and pepper. Pour over vegetables and beans to cover them.
- Sprinkle cheese over.
- Bake for 15 minutes.
- Serve with rice, barley, millet or pasta.