Imagine a creamy lasagna but with potatoes instead of lasagna sheets. For a potato loving family who happens to grow lots of potatoes it’s a fun dish. It’s takes a little extra time to prepare but totally worth it. The cream is made with cashews and almond milk.
- 1 cup raw cashews
- 2 cups almond milk
- 2 tbsp. nutritional yeast
- a pinch of salt
- 1 yellow onion, minced
- 1 garlic cloves, grated
- I package of minced Quorn
- 1 can crushed tomatoes
- 1 cup spinach, chopped
- 1 tsp agave
- 1 tbsp. dried oregano
- 1 tsp ground chili
- salt and pepper to taste
- 10 large russet potatoes
- 1 cup grated vegan cheese
Preheat oven to F200.
- In a high-speed blender, mix cashews, nutritional yeast, pinch of salt and milk until creamy and smooth.
- Sauté onion and garlic in little water in a sauté pan on medium heat.
- Add Quorn, spinach, tomatoes, agave, oregano chili, salt and pepper and reduce to a simmer for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, peel and slice potatoes.
- In a casserole dish, start with a little sauce, then potatoes and repeat and end last layer with potatoes.
- Sprinkle cheese over and pour cream over.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes, until potatoes are soft.