By Fredrica Syren aka Green Mom:
I love Sundays because it’s the one day a week we don’t have to rush off anywhere and can take our time eating breakfast in peace. Usually on Sundays I like to make something little extra fun for breakfast and since there have been a big storm in San Diego with lots of rain and wind, something warm sounded good. I made vegan quiche made with chickpea flour. To make it extra flavorful I added swiss chard and Pesto Bitchin sauce I bought at the farmer’s market yesterday.
Pesto Quiche serves 8
- 1 ¼ cup chickpea flour
- 1 ½ cup water
- 1 TBS nutritional yeast
- 4 TBS pesto Bitchin Sauce
- 1 Tsp extra virgin olive oil
- I garlic clove, grated
- 1 handful fresh swiss chard, chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 500F
- Brush or spray muffin tins with oil.Mix chickpea flour, pesto sauce, water, nutritional yeast in a mixing bowl.
- Heat oil in a frying pan on medium heat.
- Sauté garlic and swiss chard until swiss chard is wilted.
- Add vegetables to flour mix and blend well.
- Pour into muffin tins and bake in oven for about 20 minutes.
- They are done when they are golden and dry.
- Serve with a mixed tomato and lettuce salad. Yum!