Today has been a beautiful sunny day unfortunately poor Noah is struggling with some tummy problems and had a bad night and morning. I took him down to Mission Bay for a hike and enjoyed being outside and he enjoyed taking a nap in the fresh air. I was starved when we arrived home and made a casserole with different veggies. It was amazing but I did kicked myself a little for only making one portions because I so wanted seconds!!! The recipe below is for more than one:)
1 cup butternut squash, peeled and diced
1 cup cauliflower, cut into small pieaces
20 asparagus tips
2/3 cup grated cheese ( I used rice)
1 tbs canola oil
1 tsp yellow curry powder
1 cup cream ( I used Mimic cream)
2 tbs Bragg’s liquid amino’s or tamari
Black pepper to taste
Salt to taste
1/2 cup roasted and salted cashews
- Preheat oven to F400
- Place all vegetables in a baking dish.
- Sprinkle cheese all over in an even layer.
- Heat oil in a sauce pan on medium heat.
- Place curry powder in oil and sizzle for 1 minute.
- Add cream, bragg’s or tamari, salt and pepper. Simmer for 1 minute.
- Pour over vegetables to cover them.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes or until vegetables are soft.
- Remove from oven and sprinkle nuts over.
- Enjoy with rice, barley or millet.