Tomorrow the kids and I are flying to Maui for a week. Hubby, who can’t take vacation, is in charge of bunny, home, compost and vegetable garden. Since it’s been so hot lately, my swiss chard is looking sad so I picked it all and used it for my swiss chard and mushroom quiche. It’s perfect to eat with a side salad and you can eat it hot or cold.
- Preheat oven to F400.
- Blend everything to dough and press it into a pie mold, If it’s too crumbly just add more butter and water.
- Prick bottom with a form a few times.
- Bake for 5-10 minutes or until crust is dry and partially baked.
- Add filling and bake for 30 minutes.
- Place tofu, herb salt, cream cheese and salsa in a bowl or use a cuisinart to blend really well until there any no lumps at all.
- Add swiss chard and mushrooms and mix.
- Pour into the partial baked pie crust and bake according to instructions above, 30 minutes. Enjoy with a nice crisp salad.