The hot weather continues so me and Noah are kind of on house arrest middle of the day because Noah really does not like the heat. Oh how I wish I could go to beach and jump in the ocean right now. On the bright side, instead I’m getting a lot of things done.
I made hummus for lunch since I had the pleasure of eating lunch with someone besides Noah off course. The hummus is “mild” so Bella also can enjoy it. She loves hummus and her favorite so far has actually been a store bought one; parsley and scallion hummus from Whole Food. That’s until now because she loved my sun dried tomato hummus.
1 garlic clove, grated
1/4 cup sun-dried tomatoes, hydrated in hot water for 1 hour, water reserved
1 1/2 tbs tahini
1 tbs reserved tomato soaking water (maybe more)
1 cup chickpeas, cooked or canned
1/2 tbs dried parsley
1 tbs olive oil
Salt to taste
- Place garlic and tomatoes in a food processor and mix until all chopped up.
- Add tahini, chickpeas, soaking water, oil and parsley.
- Process until smooth and creamy.
- Add more water if it seems dry.
- Add salt to taste and for best result let hummus rest in fridge for an hour before serving so the flavors will blend together.