By Fredrica Syren:
This is one of my favorite sandwich or wrap filling and I always try to have some made up in an airtight container in fridge for a quick snack or meal.
- 15 oz. can chickpeas drained, rinsed & skins removed
- 4 tbsp. vegan mayo
- 2 tbsp. Dijon mustard
- 1/4 red onion diced
- 1 tbsp. fresh dill, minced
- pinch of garlic salt
- pepper to taste
- tabasco to taste
- Combine chickpeas, mayo, mustard, red onion, salt and pepper and blend in a food processor or use a hand-held blender until desired consistency is reached – I personally like it to be mostly creamy with a few chickpea chunks.
- Add dill and tabasco and stir to combine. Taste and adjust seasonings as needed.
- To assemble, spread half of the chickpea mixture down the center of a tortilla or on a slice of bread. Top with spinach or salad, tomatoes and/or sprouts.