If you like us eat for the seasons then winter is when we eat most root vegetables and we even grow lots of them in our garden. They work great in stews and soup but our favorite way to eat them is in curry.
- 4 cups cooked chickpeas or 2 cans low sodium chickpeas
- I large yellow onion, minced
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and grated
- 1 large carrot, peeled and diced
- 1 tbsp. grated ginger
- 1 rutabaga, peeled and diced (or use butternut squash)
- 1 can coconut milk or make your own from this recipe
- 2 tbsp. red curry paste
- 1 ½ cup vegetable broth
- 2 tbsp. fresh coriander, mined
- Salt to taste
Satay onion, garlic and ginger in a pot with little of the vegetable broth on medium heat for 5 minutes. Add carrots, rutabaga and cook for another 5 minutes. Add more broth if gets dry. Add remaining ingredients except the coriander and stir to combined. Reduce to a simmer and cook for about 30 minutes or until vegetables are soft. Add salt. Serve over rice and sprinkle some coriander over before eating.