No you did not read it wrong and it’s not a miss. On Friday we made pizza for dinner and oh boy did I bake a lot of pizzas. I learned that wearing black and baking is not a good idea so at the end I was covered in white flour.
Since we had a little dough left we used it to make a dessert pizza. It was so good and so fun especially since I had just gotten some super fresh and sweet local strawberries so they were added. The combinations of chocolate and strawberries sure is a match made in heaven.
1 small piece of pizza dough ( I used my spelt pizza dough)
1 tbs brown sugar
1 cup fresh strawberries, sliced
1/4 cup dark chocolate chips
1 tbs maple syrup
1/2 cup cream
Vanilla ice cream ( I used coconut ice cream)
- Use a rolling pin to roll out dough to a small pizza.
- Fold sides in and sprinkle sugar over the bottom.
- Bake for 5 minutes in a F475 hot oven.
- Heat cream in a small pot on medium heat.
- Remove from heat and add chocolate and stir until melted and creamy.
- Stir in maple syrup.
- Pour chocolate sauce over, arrange strawberries all over and scoop ice cream on top.
- Serve immediately!