James is out of town on a business trip so it’s me and the kiddos at home. We’re having fun and Bella always when it’s just us three becomes my little helper and the best big sister a little toddler boy could as for:) Everything went well but getting Bella off to school with a tired one year old was a challenge but we made it.
Off course when I’m alone with the kids I have to make it easy for myself and make a simple dinner which last night meant pasta and then I had some leftover basil and sun dried pesto I used to made a creamy sauce from it and served steamed broccoli with. It was a huge hit with both kids and why would it be, it’s pasta!!!!
- Process seeds and garlic in a food processor or blender until a course meal.
- Add basil, tomatoes and while it’s blending, add oil slowly.
- If the pesto seems dry, add a little water until reaching desired consistency.
- Add salt and pepper.
- Combine cream, water and half of the pesto in a saucepan and bring to simmer on low heat for 5 minutes.
- Toss pasta with the sauce
- Sprinkle some cheese over before serving if so wish