By Fredrica Syren:
A couple of days ago we harvested a huge zucchini from our garden used it as instead of lasagna sheets in an amazing harvest lasagna. The saltiness and crunch from the seeds make the lasagna in my opinion. We ate our lasagna with a huge mixed salad.
- 3 medium (8 ounces each) zucchini, sliced 1/8″ thick
- 1 tsp salt
- I batch of homemade tomato sauceor use one jar of tomato sauce
- 1 package kite hill ricotta cheese
- ½ cup fresh basil leaves, minced
- ¼ cup sunflower seeds
- ¼ cup sesame seeds
- 1 tbsp. Bragg’s liquid amino or tamari
- Preheat oven for F350
- Slice the zucchini lengthwise with a mandolin into 1/8-inch-thick slices or use a very sharp knife. Lightly salt the zucchini with the salt and set aside for 15 minutes. Rinse off the salt and blot the zucchini with paper towels.
- Dry roast seeds on medium heat for 2-3 minutes until they are slightly golden. Add Bragg’s liquid amino to seeds and stir quickly. Remove from heat and let seeds dry on afterheat.
- In a pan, add some tomato sauce in the bottom and then layer zucchini noodles evenly to cover bottom. Spread ricotta cheese and sprinkle some basil. Repeat until top layer should be only sauce. Bake in oven for 30 minutes. Sprinkle seeds over top before serving.