I forgot to post the recipe for the bread I baked on Sunday. It’s a maple bread and it super easy to bake and was very popular with the rest of the gang.
We’re having a cool nice morning so I’m sitting outside in the garden and working while Noah is taking his nap. I’m very excited because me James are going on another date tonight:) I love dating my husband after 15 years together.
6 cups white spelt flour + more for kneeling
1 package active yeast
2 tsp salt
2 cups warm milk ( I used oat milk)
2 tbs maple syrup
100g butter, melted
- Mix flour, salt and yeast in a large bowl.
- Mix milk, melted butter and syrup in a smaller bowl and carefully adding it to the flour.
- Work the dough for 5 minutes until it’s shiny and sticky dough.
- Sprinkle a little flour over dough and place to rise, covered with a towel for 50 minutes.
- Preheat oven for F400.
- Knead the dough on a surface sprinkled with flour.
- Divide into 16 pieces and roll them to a bun.
- Place on a parchment paper on a baking sheet.
- Poke each bun a couple of times with a fork.
- Bake for 5-10 minutes or until center in dry and bun is golden brown.