This sauce is just heavenly and I had to stop myself from eating it all before serving it to my family. The combination of lemon, white wine and sour cream works so well with zucchini and cauliflower. And the dill, well it’s just brings that little extra to the dish.
Pasta for 6 people and cooked according to direction
- I package extra firm tofu
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1 small yellow onion, minced
- 2/3 cup cooked or canned chickpeas
- 1 cup cauliflower, diced
- 1 lemon, juice and zest
- ¾ cup white wine
- 1 cup vegetable stock
- 1 cup vegan sour cream
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 bunch of dill, minced
- Drain and wrap tofu block in a towel to remove as much liquid as possible.
- Dice tofu
- Heat 1 tsp oil in a skillet on medium heat and fry tofu on all sides. Remove and put aside
- Heat remaining oil and sauté onion until translucent. Add tofu, cauliflower, chickpeas, lemon juice, wine, stock and bring to boil. Reduce to a simmer for 20 minutes.
- Add sour cream, lemon zest, salt and pepper. Simmer for another 10 minutes.
- Toss with pasta and sprinkle dill all over