By Julie Zeff
We are moving…again! We are looking for a house to buy in our amazing Atlanta neighborhood. We just love it here!
But which house? The one we are currently renting? Another house that’s on the market in the neighborhood? We have to decide soon! Our lease is up and our rental house is going on the market this week!
And, I do love our current rental home…but it doesn’t have everything we want…but, it is in a great location…but I bet we could find a home that has more of what we want within our price range…but everything is moving so quickly, what if we don’t find something…and we have to move into temp housing AGAIN…and what if I regret it and miss this place so much because I really do love so much of it…
Can you hear and feel it? Those Ogres (limiting thoughts and beliefs)? The heaviness? Fear? Uncertainty? My mind is spinning! My heart rate is up. It is hard to breathe and to trust.
Ever been here before?
We all have been. The good news is that once you are here you have choices.
One choice is to use a tool that can help you get centered and grounded in order to tap into the natural wisdom of your body. Your HeartTruth!
Listening to your HeartTruth will help you tap into your truth – deep within. Some people call it HeartTruth or “spirit” or “guide” or even “G-d.” Call it whatever works for you.
Yesterday, on the heels of an exhausting episode of mental gymnastics trying to figure out how to make staying in our current house work, I took out my journal and had a conversation with my HeartTruth. Here’s how it went.
Julie: Should we buy this house?
HeartTruth (HT): (I thought at first my HT was going to say YES!! Of Course!! But, when I breathed and slowed down there was a long pause, I breathed and repeated the question a few times.) You will find what you are looking for.
Julie: Yes, but is it this house?
HT: You will find it.
Julie: But do we need to buy THIS house?
HT: You do not need to buy it now. There is a house out there for you.
Julie: Thank you HT. (Ok – this was better. I could feel this in my body. I was more relaxed and there was less urgency. It doesn’t need to be this house, now. Maybe it still will be – who knows? But I clearly got that we don’t have to leap to buy it now. I can trust that the right thing will come!)
Now it’s your turn…
Check in with your HeartTruth. Here’s how to talk with your HeartTruth…
1. Pen and Paper. Take out your pen and paper or journal. It is most powerful to write this on paper.
2. Breathe. Take a few breaths and put your hand on your heart.
3. Your Name. Write your name on the paper with a colon after it as though you are writing dialogue for a play.
4. Question. Now write down the first question you have for your HeartTruth. What is something that you want clarity about? Example: Julie: Should we buy this house?
5. HeartTruth. Write down HeartTruth and place a colon after it. Next, write down whatever you hear your HeartTruth say to you. Breathe and listen. Be patient and ask the question over and over until you hear something…
6. Thank you! Thank your HeartTruth for being with you and for sharing its wisdom with you.
7. Repeat. Repeat until you feel finished. You may want to ask a similar question a few different ways to hear the answers. You can even ask specifics like “How do I do xor y or z?” Your HearthTruth will have some answers for you if you slow down, are patient and listen. This will get easier and easier with time and practice.
This month, whether you are trying to decide which house to buy, what job to stay in or to pursue, what to do with a relationship, how to help your child or someone you love, or even something as simple as what to do this weekend, check in with your HeartTruth. You have endless wisdom within. Your body knows…
Please post a comment below and let us know what your HeartTruth told you. We’d love to hear…
Much Peace and Love,
Julie Zeff is a Life Coach for busy and working moms; Author of Vivid Living for Busy Moms: Coach Yourself to an Extraordinary Life; and a trained Forest yoga instructor building strength and flexibility with emotional and spiritual intelligence. Request her FREE report –Top 10 Tips to Vivid Living or receive her FREE Monthly Coaching Tidbits and 5 Anytime, Anywhere Breathing Tips by visiting: http://www.vividliving.net. Download a FREE peek of her book, Vivid Living For Busy Moms here: http://vividliving.net/julies-book