By Fredrica Syren:
Every Sunday we eat pancakes for breakfast. These pancakes are both gluten-free and vegan and are my kid’s favorite. Buckwheat flour is a healthy gluten-free alternative that is loaded with protein and is low fat. It’s also rich in minerals such as magnesium, copper and iron. We eat our topped with maple syrup or agave nectar and fresh berries.
- ¾ cup+2 tbsp. almond milk
- 1 medium and ripe banana, mashed
- 1 medium apple, peeled and grated
- Vanilla Bean, seeds scraped out and used
- ½ cup buckwheat flour
- ¼ cup brown rice flour
- 1 tbsp. cornstarch
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- In a blender, mix almond milk, banana, vanilla and apples until pureed.
- In a large bowl, combine buckwheat flour, brown rice flour, cornstarch and baking powder and blend.
- Add almond milk mix and stir until combined and there are no lumps. Cook pancakes on a slightly large non-stick skillet over medium heat until they start to bubble slightly.
- Flip and cook for another minute.