On Saturday we had invited some friends of our for lunch so we made lentil hummus, pasta salad, barley water lemonade and french bread baked with spelt flour. Unfortunately, they had to cancel but we still feasted on the food for lunch.
- Mix flour, yeast and salt in a large bowl and add water, butter and honey.
- Work dough for 10 minutes by hand or 5 minutes if using machine.
- Let dough to rise for 30 minutes in a warm place covered with a towel.
- Knead dough for a few minutes and then divide it into 2.
- Make loafs and place in greased loaf pans.
- Leave to rise for another 30 minutes. Preheat oven to F250.
- Use a knife to make 3 cuts across dough top.
- Brush top with water and bake middle of oven for 15-20 minutes.
- Place loafs on wire rack uncovered to cool.