- Preheat oven to F350
- Blend cream, milk, sugar and margarine in a bowl and whisk hard for a minute.
- Add cocoa powder, baking powder and flour and mix well to a smooth batter.
- Pour into a well greased cake pan.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until center is dry.
- Let it cool completely before removing from pan.
- Beat margarine and maple syrup until blended.
- Add powdered sugar and cocoa powder and blend until fluffy.
- Spread on cake once cake is completely cold.
Bella’s Graduation Chocolate Cake
Today, Bella graduated from preschool. My little girl is growing up too fast! Off course dinner tonight was a graduation dinner and I served a pasta casserole with quinoa pasta, vegetables, cheese and tomato sauce. For dessert we had a chocolate cake with a maple & chocolate frosting which Bella and I made together.
1/2 cup cream ( I used unsweetened mimic cream)
1 cup milk ( I used vanilla flavored oat milk)
1 cup sugar
2 1/5 ounce melted margarine ( I used earth balance)
2 tsp baking powder
2 tbs cocoa powder
2 cups spelt flour
2 ounces margarine
1 tbs maple syrup
3/4 cup powdered sugar
1 tbs cocoa powder